Dementia Skills Training
PAC Certified Dementia Care Trainers
Why choose the “Positive Approach To Care” training program?
• Increase employee retention by giving them the skills to better solve behavioral challenges that arise.
• Provide a calmer community as your employees develop their skills to connect with the dementia residents which reduces the number of outbursts.
• Faster work completion rates as your employees recognize the unmet needs and growing distress to lessen the amount of problems.
• Improved corporate culture as employees feel they can succeed and are supported with the most effective and up to date techniques which will provide better outcomes.
What makes this program different from other dementia programs?
• The mission is to develop each person’s talents and abilities to help gain awareness, knowledge, and skill. The goal is to transform current employee practices into a more positive dementia care culture for all concerned.
• By using these care partnering techniques we will grow their interpersonal skills which is essential to improve the quality of life for the person living with dementia.
“Dementia does not rob someone of their dignity, it’s our reaction to them that does.” – Teepa Snow
DEMENTIA TRAINING SESSIONS
Class A: Normal vs Not Normal Aging – Understanding the difference
Class B: Positive Approach to Care™ – Develop observational skills necessary to recognize and address unmet emotional and physical needs
Learn Care Partnering Techniques Positive Physical Approach™ (PPA) Hand under Hand™ (HuH)
Class C: Teepa’s Gems™, More Than Just Loss – Using skills that make a difference
Utilize the Gems™ model to compare the six states of cognitive function and highlight each gem’s characteristics
Book your staff training by calling:
Bernadette Tripp 315-317-1745
Rose Strieter 315-706-2144
Sheila Ohstrom 315-469-1000
Email us at email@example.com
We come to you!